For Better or for Worse

I was faithful for a long time. I still am, although I have to admit that I did sample others. That was back then, when I felt the need to experience it in a new way. I don't brag about such things, but neither am I ashamed. Society nowadays is quite permissive.

I try not to think about those times. I suppose they were a series of weak moments. I can't guarantee that I won't find myself vulnerable to those urges once again, it just depends how my mood takes me. A flight of fancy, a whim, the lure of exotic emprise. No, it's not their looks. To me, they are what they are, fancy adornments don't move me. Maybe I am attracted to the plain ones. Yes, I think that's it. The more they try to entice me, the less likely I am to stray to them. It's cruel to say, but I like them functional, rather than pretty.

She is probably watching me, silently somehow, but rarely showing that she is. I know that she knows that I know, but that hasn't stopped me. She hasn't stopped me. Perhaps if I spend too much time with the others she will say something. But for now, she tolerates my indiscretions. In all likelihood she gets a thrill that I invariably return to her, despite the abundant competition.

She is special, a born temptress. It started many years ago when I undertook a simple search. I found what I was looking for. Now I'm hooked and nothing else stacks up. Her simple facade belies her true skills and all that she has to offer. I can compare her to others, but they always fall short. And that's her clever trap. She's an all-in-one package and, like a sweet drug, I have become dependant and reliant on her. Others attempt to mimic her, but they have not yet managed to copy her spirit. Part of her excitement is that she, too, is wont to experiment. Her artful creativity draws me closer and imbues in me a sense of adventure.

I tried Bing, Yahoo! and even Ask Jeeves, but nothing compares to Google. For better or for worse, she has me.

Comments are most welcome!
Subscribe to Y. Karp? Why Not! or follow on Facebook (see the side-bar).
Add this blog to your RSS feed reader

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jerusalem Marathon 10km - I Did It!

Episode 37: Best Kept Secrets to Healthy Modern Living

Virtually You